Monday, December 17, 2012

Get a dog, get in shape!


In addition to companionship, tail wags, snuggles and ridiculous amounts of unconditional love, one of the other reasons we wanted a dog was to make sure we got out more - and let me tell you - we have! 

Twice a day, every day come rain, shine, sleet or snow, a dog needs his outings and that's that. Thankfully, I don't have to contend with sleet or snow here in Northern California, but I have most definitely suited up and gone out in weather I never would have considered running in pre-dog. It's funny, but knowing "the dog needs out" makes the choice so clear. There's no dilly dallying - just gotta put on the sneaks and get out there! When his ears go back and start flapping in the wind and he pushes ahead of me making us sprint uphill - I smile, knowing this is really good for both of us.

No comments: