Wednesday, December 12, 2012

It's time! It's time! Pick a word for 2013!

In this sleepiest season, I love taking time to reflect on the year. This was an incredibly challenging and also rewarding year for us for lots of reasons. My word for 2012 was mojo and I really used it to rally and inspire me. In anticipation of all that 2013 will bring - I've been thinking about what's important to help set my intention for next year. Not sure what word I will pick just yet, but as always - I really love hearing what my friends are thinking about. What are you inspired by? Please post your comments or email me. I love hearing your thoughts!

The Tradition:
By now - this is old hat to many of you, but for those of you who don't know the story, this tradition goes back over a decade to a holiday dinner. We were all sitting around the table lamenting the tradition of New Year's Resolutions. We all had them, or attempted a list, but we never managed to fulfill them and it made us feel bad. So we scrapped the whole idea. Instead, each of us came up with a single word that would set the tone for the year to come. It could be anything, it just had to inspire. The idea is that this is YOUR word for the whole year - a singular rallying cry, intention, reminder, kick in the pants, inspiring thought.... use it however you like. Live it for the year. See how you feel.

Some favorites from this year:
Basics
Play
Gumption
Chance
Center
Music
Chutzpah
Collect
Embrace
Presence
Intention
Finish
Grateful
Patience
Cherish

No comments: