Wednesday, April 25, 2012

It's time! Choose your word for 2012


IMG_0098
This is one of my absolute favorite times of the year. A time to gather with family and friends. A time for giving, receiving and being grateful for everything we have. It's also become an important time of reflection for me and B - which includes embracing one of our favorite holiday rituals: choosing our words for the coming year.

By now - this is old hat to many of you, but for those of you who don't know the story, this tradition goes back over a decade to a holiday dinner. We were all sitting around the table lamenting the tradition of New Year's Resolutions. We all had them, or attempted a list, but we never managed to fulfill them and it made us feel bad. So we scrapped the whole idea. Instead, each of us came up with a single word that would set the tone for the year to come. It could be anything, it just had to inspire. The idea is that this is YOUR word for the whole year - a singular rallying cry, intention, reminder, kick in the pants, inspiring thought.... use it however you like. Live it for the year. See how you feel.

This year my word came to me early. I'm going with mojo (feel free to pronounce with a little Austin Powers' flair). 2011 was a tough year for us, filled with lots of change and challenge as well as wonderful adventure. I feel I lost my way a bit - so mojo is all about getting it back. Yeah, baby!
Do you have a word? Please share!! I love to hear them.

Some favorites from this year:
Glow
Explore
Simplify
Surprise
Surrender
Thankful
Hopeful
Prudence
Cherish
Smile
Patience
Abundance
Grace
Purpose
Positivity
Change
Moment
Travel
Health
Renew
Freedom
Nurture

No comments: