Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hello 2012!


DSC_0190
It's going to be a great year, I can already feel it. It's a new day and time to turn a new page and from what I can tell, many of you are right there with me. The words that have been coming in have a wonderful balance of action and reflection. I love it!

I chose mojo this year and decided to jump right in with a long run along the Sea Ranch coast on New Year's day with Pepo and our pooch Lola bounding ahead of me as we ran towards Gualala Point. It was spectacular and invigorating. I hope to keep the inspiration fresh in my mind for as long as possible.
Pepo wanted to bundle up the core principles of happiness up in one word: basics. For him, it means doing all the simple things that result in a clean body and a clean mind. His theory is that the basics (healthy eating, exercise, water, sleep) are a precursor and important foundation to being open and available to higher level things: connection, nurturing, art, music, etc. In his words, "you can't build a beautiful garden without good soil, sun and rain."

For the first time - we've also chosen a word together: support. We hope it will serve as a reminder throughout the year to ask ourselves how we can support each other in our individual passions and pursuits as well as in our life together.

Here are a few more words that friends have shared thus far. Keep them coming! I love to hear them.
Presence
Chance
Intention
Collect
Embrace
Integrate
Friendship
Chutzpah!
Momentum
Savor
Coxin
Risk
Abundance
Hootenanny
Go-for-it!
Center
Finish
Travel
Music

No comments: