Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Summer skirt


DSC_0019
This weekend I got the sewing bug and managed to whip out a couple of projects that were sitting there patiently waiting to be loved. It was especially helpful to have something to take my mind off of adopting a dog - which is my other current obsession.


One of my favorite things to do is to pick out a couple of projects and do the fabric cutting. Then - when you get the bug, it's presto-change-o ready to go! This is the easiest pattern - and I just fell in love with the fabric. Outside of pajama pants, I could see myself making a bunch of these skirts to have around. 


They are great for travel, super comfortable and just plain fun.


DSC_0002
I'm hoping my friend Leslie will see this and be proud of me for making my own bias tape.


DSC_0010
Here it is - almost done- just waiting for a bottom hem.

No comments: