Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The gift of handmade sweetness


DSC_0008
One of the many reasons I love my husband is for his incredibly thoughtful, creative spirit. For many years, this has expressed itself in small sketches, usually around birthdays for our nieces and other holidays, like Christmas.
DSC_0010
It's a small way he dipped a toe, and now more firmly a foot into the world of art. My most favorite part of this are the tags he makes for Christmas gifts. Over time, my name has fallen off, as has the formality of "from" and "to" - both of these replaced with various nicknames, or nothing at all.
DSC_0012
Sometimes, just one of my favorite creatures....
DSC_0015
Other times, sweet holiday fare. It's these small things that I hold most dear this time of year.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season and Happy New Year. 

No comments: