Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cucumber and Radish Salad with Mint and Feta


My friend Lorraine is a ridiculously wonderful cook and I am forever in her debt for many recipes, such as avocado sandwiches - which completely changed my life. This little gem of a salad falls in the same category. It's so simple, and captures the essence of summer. The key is shaving the cucumbers and radishes as thinly as possible. For that, I have to thank my friend Jenn, who for once gave me Benriner, easily one of my all time favorite birthday gifts, and most useful kitchen tool ever.

Cucumber and Radish Salad with Mint and Feta

Ingredients:
2-3 small persian cucumbers
handful of radishes
generous handful fresh mint leaves
feta (I like French)
red wine vinegar
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Thinly slice the cucumbers and radishes, chiffonade the mint and toss together in a large bowl with a splash of red wine vinegar and generous drizzle of olive oil. Add salt, freshly ground pepper and crumbled feta. Toss again gently, adjusting seasonings to taste. Serve immediately.


No comments: