Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The sweetest birds!


I bought this dresser on the sidewalk in Noe Valley over 20 years ago. Given my "single-girl-just-finding-her-way-in-the-city" status, it was definitely a splurge at the time and I distinctly remember the woman who sold it to me refusing to bargain because she was happy to keep it for herself. 

I can't say I blame her. I've kept it all these years because it's just the sweetest piece and the perfect size. And of course now, it's also a nostalgic reminder of my bachelorette days. It had seen me through a few moves and gotten a big banged up, so I decided it needed a refresh - and painted it a dark navy blue. But the best part is the knobs. Pepo offered to paint them for me and we quickly settled on a bird theme. Just a little bit of quirk always works wonders. Aren't they the cutest? I don't know which bird I like best!


No comments: