Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mason jar pin cushion



DSC_0022
I get really excited when I find a craft project that's both good looking and quick and easy. So when my friend Emanuela showed me how to turn a basic wide-mouth mason jar into a pin cushion - I couldn't resist. This was a double bonus since I have an endless supply of jars laying around from all of my jam making. I think the best part is deciding what kind of treasure to put in the jar when you're done.

DSC_0012
Step 1: basic ingredients include a jar (with lid), a piece of scrap fabric, some polyfil stuffing.

DSC_0015
Step 2: Make a ball with the polyfill stuffing and cover with fabric. Slip the fabric between the mason jar ring and push into place with the lid. I used a glue gun to glue the fabric down to the lid  - but you could also skip this step.

No comments: