Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thinking ahead this time


DSC_0003
Since I discovered quilting in the last two years, I've manged to make 3 quilts for my nieces and can now officially report that I have acquired "the disease". No one tells you this when you make your first quilt, but you quickly become addicted to fabric. Lots of fabric. In small little quantities. I say it's a disease because it never hurts to grab something you see because you think it will be cute. You can always argue that it'll be for your next project. Next thing you know, you have quite a little collection growing.

So - these little lovlies have finally found a project. After working with my color consultant (aka hubby) we've landed on a crisp, bright blue/yellow scheme for my next endeavor. For the first time, I've actually gotten all of my fabrics together from the start AND I even read the pattern instructions ahead of time. (I know - who am I?) It's going to be pretty modern and I'm undertaking all of the quilting myself. Famous last words. For now - it's my new favorite project. Stay tuned.

No comments: